BISHOP PHILIPPE VIARD

Bishop Philippe Viard SM, appointed the first Bishop of Wellington in 1948, served the diocese for 23 years until his death in 1872. He was buried in what was then Saint Mary’s Cathedral, the first church to adorn Hill Street, Thorndon and the current site of the Sacred Heart Cathedral.

Project Plan.png

THE CAMPAIGN

IMG_9396.JPG

NEWS & EVENTS

Cathedral Exterior RGB.jpg
Subscribe to stay in the loop

Contact us 

Sacred Heart Cathedral Campaign Office
Catholic Centre
PO Box 1937
Wellington 6140

04 496 1778

office@cathedralcampaign.org.nz

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
 © Sacred Heart Cathedral 2020 Created by Silvereye